What a fantastic evening. The rain held off, the mud was deep, but all the volunteers were amazing and everyone had a great time. This really is becoming one of the best family-friendly bonfires in the country.
It’s shaping up to be a fantastic & muddy event this year. We have
- Burgers from the Scouts
- A beer tent from the Crown
- Mulled Wine
- The best Raffle in Surrey (win a night for two in the Hilton)
- Cake !
- Hot Chocolate
- And new this year – Flashy gizmos for the kids for sale in a special tent
Please be aware that the pubs will only be open to ticket holders who have pre-booked. If you haven’t got your tickets then get them today – you may already be too late. The toilets this year will be down by the forge and roads close from 5:30pm.
- 3:00pm South side of Village Green (by the Spar and the Chemist) road closes. The bus slip road closes.
- 5:00pm Stalls open for business.
- 5:00pm Park & Ride shuttle buses start operating from Witley station. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 5:30pm A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:30pm North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 6:30pm Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School with Marching band.
- 7:30pm (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm (approx) Fireworks
- 8:30pm (approx) Grand Draw
- 9.30pm (approx) Last shuttle bus back to car parks
- 10:00pm (approx) Roads re-open.
- Sunday morning – Please Please come and help tidy the green 9am to 11:30pm – the more help we get the faster it will be done
Have a great bonfire night – stay warm, stay safe and please listen to and respect all the Marshals.
The Bonfire Crew