“During a rainy day’s build (Oct. 19?), I stopped at Treacle’s tea house with my UK family, and chatted with 3 men on the green as they busily built an ever-higher mound – impressive!
When told I was from Canada, one of you kindly noted that I’d find this online, and deservedly claimed bragging rights that Chiddingfold’s was one of the 10 best bonfires in England.
From the Empire’s land of the maple leaf, in a sister city also called London, may I say … well done!”
/Sandy at www.SandyRoss.ca
Hoppa are proud to partner Chiddingfold Bonfire Association in providing a shuttle bus service on Saturday 2nd November 2013 and wish you a safe and fun evening. Minibuses will operate between Witley Station and Woodside Road from 17.00 with the last transport back to Witley Station available at 21.30.
The costs are as follows:
Adult return – £2.00 (16 and over)
Child return – £1.00 (under 16)
Family Return £5.00 (2 Adults, 3 Children under 16)
Waverley Hoppa Community Transport is a non-profit organisation and a registered charity.
Started in 2002 as a joint initiative with Waverley Borough Council and Surrey County Council, Hoppa provides door to door transport from within Waverley’s main towns and villages. Partly supported through a combination of grants and contracts, we are committed to providing a community transport service to those who, for any number of reasons find getting around difficult.
For many of our customers Hoppa is a vital link to their nearest town, village, day centre, or medical facility and a chance to catch up with friends and neighbours. From the dedication of our Trustees to the commitment of our drivers we pride ourselves on our professional and friendly service and we are passionate about giving everyone an equal opportunity to use our transport.
Last week’s build was big and dry. Tomorrow, there will be rain. Turn up anyway – we’ll still be building and we would love to have you help. For those of you who are dumping material – PLEASE only dump sensible flammable materials. It seems that the village idiot was out last week and left some carpet underlay. It’s either fire resistant or probably toxic. Please don’t leave this sort of material – thanks!