Last week’s build was big and dry. Tomorrow, there will be rain. Turn up anyway – we’ll still be building and we would love to have you help. For those of you who are dumping material – PLEASE only dump sensible flammable materials. It seems that the village idiot was out last week and left some carpet underlay. It’s either fire resistant or probably toxic. Please don’t leave this sort of material – thanks!
The date is set, the team is ready. All http://cialistadalafils.com/ we need now is a WARM SUMMER! Check back at the website in late September when we start to prepare the green.
What a fantastic evening. The rain held off, the mud was deep, but all the volunteers were amazing and everyone had a great time. This really is becoming one of the best family-friendly bonfires in the country.
It’s shaping up to be a fantastic & muddy event this year. We have
- Burgers from the Scouts
- A beer tent from the Crown
- Mulled Wine
- The best Raffle in Surrey (win a night for two in the Hilton)
- Cake !
- Hot Chocolate
- And new this year – Flashy gizmos for the kids for sale in a special tent
- 3:00pm South side of Village Green (by the Spar and the Chemist) road closes. The bus slip road closes.
- 5:00pm Stalls open for business.
- 5:00pm Park & Ride shuttle buses start operating from Witley station. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 5:30pm A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:30pm North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 6:30pm Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School with Marching band.
- 7:30pm (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm (approx) Fireworks
- 8:30pm (approx) Grand Draw
- 9.30pm (approx) Last shuttle bus back to car parks
- 10:00pm (approx) Roads re-open.
- Sunday morning – Please Please come and help tidy the green 9am to 11:30pm – the more help we get the faster it will be done
Have a great bonfire night – stay warm, stay safe and please listen to and respect all the Marshals.
The Bonfire Crew
Hoppa are proud to partner Chiddingfold Bonfire Association in providing a shuttle bus service on Saturday 3rd November 2012.
Minibuses will operate between Witley Station and Woodside Road from 17.00 with the last transport back to Witley Station available at 21.30.
The costs are as follows:
Adult return – £2.00 (16 and over)
Child return – £1.00
Family Return £5.00 (2 Adults, 3 Children)
Waverley Hoppa Community Transport is a non-profit organisation and a registered charity.
Started in 2002 as a joint initiative with Waverley Borough Council and Surrey County Council, Hoppa provides door to door transport from within Waverley’s main towns and villages.
Partly supported through a combination of grants and contracts, we are committed to providing a community transport service to those who, for any number of reasons find getting around difficult.
For many of our customers Hoppa is a vital link to their nearest town, village, day centre, or medical facility and a chance to catch up with friends and neighbours.
From the dedication of our Trustees to the commitment of our drivers we pride ourselves on our professional and friendly service and we are passionate about giving everyone an equal opportunity to use our transport.
Bookings / Enquiries – Phone: 01428 681701
8.30 to 12.30 – 13.00 to 16.00 Monday to Friday
Fax: 01428 681633
Take a look at the ‘bumper’ list of prizes for 2012
– and remember to visit the Grand Draw tent on the Green on November 3rd. After the fireworks we pull tickets out of the hat, and the lucky few are presented with a Voucher for their prize to carry off on the night. If you leave early, or someone generous has bought your ticket for you, we mail the vouchers out on the following Monday.
2012 Grand Draw Prizes
Every Ticket sold helps to fund the fireworks and Christmas vouchers valid for local shops given to village’s over 70s.
|A luxury one night B&B stay at The Waldorf Hilton Hotel||Waldorf Hilton (Peter Beckwith)|
|Dinner for 4 at The Crown in Chiddingfold||The Crown Inn|
|Glass blowing course for 2 people at Smithbrook Kilns||Jake Mee|
|Marwell Wildlife Family Ticket||Marwell Wildlife Park (Paul Simmons)|
|Prestwick Farm Turkey for Chistmas||Paul and Val Mills|
|Two tickets for Close-Up at The Magic Circle Headquarters, London||The Magic Circle (Craig Longhurst)|
|Tickets to See the Guildford Flames||Guildford Flames|
|A Free MOT test from Phillips Garage||Phillips of Wormley|