We have just found out that the cash machine in the village is out of order. Many of the stalls only accept cash. Please make sure that you bring change to the green. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on the succulent Hog Roast and beer and wine and other fine fare available for you tonight.
The weather looks good and torches go on sale at 6pm. See you there
Many thanks to all our 2018 Sponsors who help make the event such a success
|In addition to our sponsors we need your generous support to fund this wonderful event. Go-on click the button and donate a tenner to help the over 70s in the village.|
|Axtell for that extension or patio you’re planning|
|Burns & Webber local houses for sale or rent.|
|The Crown Inn for fine food, beers, wine and room|
|Marwell Zoo is the best place for a Christmas treat|
|Regency Letting & Property Management will help you move into Chiddingfold|
|Shorts Group for all your building hire needs. From drills to diggers.|
|Stagecoach transport to get you from our parking to the bonfire|
|Stepping Stones a local independent special school with charitable status|
|The Swan Inn an Upham Brewery Pub for fine food, beers, wine and rooms|
- 22 September – Tripod goes up
- 29 September – 9am on Green – building bonfire – all welcome
- 6 October – No Dumping of any more waste on the green (except Saturday mornings for the team who are constructing the bonfire)
- 13 October – 9am on Green – building bonfire – all welcome
- 20 October – 9am on Green – building bonfire – all welcome
- 27 October – 9am on Green – building bonfire – all welcome
- 1 November – Thursday – 8pm Marshals briefing in the Half Crown
- 3 November – Bonfire Night
- 4 November – 8am Tidying the Green – Please, please, please come and help
Road Closures, Diversions, Park & Ride and Events programme
- 2:00pm Final requests for disabled parking. New requests cannot be taken.
- 3:00pm South side of Village Green (by the Spar and the Chemist) road closes. The bus slip road closes.
- 5:00pm Stalls open for business.
- 5:00pm Park & Ride shuttle buses start operating. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 5:30pm A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:30pm North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 6:30pm Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School.
- 7:30pm (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm (approx) Fireworks
- 8:30pm (approx) Grand Draw
- 9.30pm (approx) Last shuttle bus back to car parks
- 10:00pm (approx) Roads re-open.
It is NOT possible to let cars through into the closed area after the road blocks are in place and cars should not park in these areas. The only exceptions are for disabled access provided Simon Manuel or Ian Travis have been informed beforehand.
If you bought a ticket in the fabulous Grand Draw, thank you!
Take a look and see if your ticket won on the Grand Draw Page.
Thank you to all the generous people and businesses who donated the Prizes! Jane Devlin ( Grand Draw Co-ordinator)
Please help keep the tradition of the Chiddingfold bonfire by visiting our sponsors websites. Their generous donations help to keep the event a wonderful benefit to the local community. This year:
- Marwell Zoo
is the best place for a Christmas treat
for that extension or patio you’re planning
community transport to get you from our parking to the bonfire
- The Crown Inn
for fine food, beers, wine and rooms
- Regency Letting & Property Management
will help you move into Chiddingfold
- Shorts Group
for all your building hire needs. From drills to diggers.
- Stepping Stones
a local independent special school with charitable status
- The Swan Inn
an Upham Brewery Pub for fine food, beers, wine and rooms
It’s that time of year folks. The tripod will go up on the morning of 23rd September – feel free to come along and add moral support. Building of the bonfire starts the following week on the 30th September. Please come to the green at 9am to help make this the best bonfire in Surrey and the UK. No experience needed – everyone is welcome. Refreshments provided.
As the thunderstorms of summer fill the night with light, I thought that I would link to some photos of the 2016 bonfire for your enjoyment
What an awesome evening. Thanks to all the organisers, helpers, volunteers and the pig who generously got spit roasted for us. Social media tells us that the fireworks were the best ever, the bonfire was hotter than ever and there were more facebook likes and retweets than ever before. In fact the website got so many hits that our hosting provider turned it off at 5pm. We’ll get a new host for next year – sorry for the inconvenience folks.
Meanwhile here’s a little bonfire video to remind you of how good it was:
and a couple of photos of the morning after….
Many thanks to everyone who came. It was without doubt the best fireworks display that we have seen. Here is a gallery of photos from the night. Please give credit to Chiddingfold Bonfire Association if you use them and link to this website. I have also uploaded super-high-resolution versions that you can download and use with the same conditions. See you all next year!!