On the night
Road Closures, Diversions, and Events on the day.
- 3:00pm - South side of Village Green (by the Spar & Chemist) road closes.
- 3:00pm - The bus slip road on the green closes.
- 5:00pm - Stalls open for business.
- 5:15pm - Shuttle buses start operating. Please note that once the car parks are full we have no further availability.
- 5:30pm - A283 Petworth Road from the junction with Woodside Road to the Crown closes, traffic diverted along Coxcombe Lane
- 5:30pm - North side of the Village Green from Petworth Road to Pockford Road closes, traffic diverted via Pockford Road / Skinner’s Lane
- 6:30pm - Torches go on sale at St Mary’s School.
- 7:00pm - Procession of 400 torches departs St Mary’s School.
- 7:15pm - (approx) Bonfire set alight.
- 8:00pm - (approx) Fireworks
- 9.30pm - (approx) Last shuttle bus back departs Chiddingfold
- 10:00pm - (approx) Roads re-open.
- 08:00am Sunday - Clearing the Village Green. If you can, please come along and help to tidy up, even for a little bit, we would be very grateful. Thank you!
We will be running shuttle buses from Witley Station. Please note that there is now a car parking charge at Witley Station which is independent from the shuttle bus cost.
We would like to ask you to let any friends and family who are visiting to be aware of these timings. It is not possible to let cars through into the closed area after the roadblocks are in place. The only exceptions are for disabled access only, providing we have been informed in advance. Details for disabled parking and travelling to and from the event are on the parking page.
Getting Ready Dates 2023.
- Saturday 30th September - Tripod Goes up
- Saturday 30th September - Until the ‘No More Dumping Signs’ are displayed, bring down your garden waste. NO BUILDING OR CONSTRUCTION WASTE PLEASE
- Saturday 7th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime - all are welcome!
- Saturday 13th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime - all are welcome!
- Saturday 21st October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime - all are welcome!
- Saturday 28th October - Bonfire building from 9am until lunchtime - all are welcome!
- Friday 3rd November - Last Application for Disabled Access Parking at 22:00. We are usually full a week before this!
- Saturday 4th November - Bonfire Night!!
- Sunday 5th November - 8am Tidying the Village Green - Please, please, please come and help!